Would you like to go from unpublished writer to well-published and well-marketed author?
Could your career skyrocket if you could demonstrate that you “wrote the book”?
Do you already have a book but face frustration because the world is ignoring it?
If you answered yes to at least one of those three questions, this may be the most important web page you’ll read this year.
Meet Shel Horowitz: multiple-award-winning and best-selling author of eight books…book shepherd/book publishing consultant whose clients have won several awards…and book marketing consultant/copywriter known especially for “story-behind-the-story” press releases (a/k/a news releases or media releases) and book covers.
Shel is one of only a handful of book publishing consultants who understand that…
- The book, the publishing strategy, and the marketing plan you create must all accomplish your objectives, at a reasonable cost
- Marketing must be integrated into the publishing process—before, during, and after publication
- Your book needs to meet quality standards so you will be happy to share it with the world, and you can win awards and enjoy some commercial success
- What’s right for one author is not necessarily right for all authors—you are unique, and so is your publishing journey
Shel will work with you as much or as little as you need to walk you through the publishing process and emerge as a published author with a book you can be proud of. He can help you…
- Determine the best publishing path for your book: traditional publisher, true self-publishing, subsidy publishing, or a hybrid
- If self-publishing—assess the potential market and help you choose the right technologies (on-demand, offset, e-book, etc.) to make your dream real—and connect you with editors, designers, and printers who do great work at very affordable prices
- OR help create a winning book proposal and marketing aids that you can take to mainstream publishers, if that’s the right path for you
- Develop a marketing plan that reaches far beyond bookstores and Amazon—no matter which way you publish
- Identify marketing and charity partners who can help your book succeed by opening up new audiences for you
- Create “story-behind-the-story” press releases, pitch letters, book covers, web page copy, sell sheets, etc.—that get your book noticed in the crowded publishing world
Shel has worked to produce and/or market books in many genres: nonfiction, novels, short stories, memoirs, poetry, cookbooks… He has particular expertise in books on business, the environment, and social change. His client list spans four continents.
In addition to the awards his clients have earned, Shel’s own books—both self-published and traditionally published—have won several awards and been translated into Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Italian, and Turkish.
An international speaker in his other specialty (green/social change business profitability), Shel has also spoken at many national and regional publishing conferences, including repeat appearances at Book Expo America and Independent Book Publishers Association University, as well as regional conferences from New Hampshire to California. He has published articles in such writing and publishing trade magazines as Writer’s Digest, The Writer, the IBPA Independent, Independent Publisher, Foreword Magazine, Bulldog Reporter, and SPAN.
His own books published since 2000 include:
Guerrilla Marketing Goes Green (published by Wiley; named a Groundbreaking Indie Book by Independent Publisher magazine; on at least one Amazon best-seller list at least 33 different months; more than 50 endorsements; republished in Italy and Turkey, and as an audiobook)
Grassroots Marketing for Authors and Publishers (self-published; Finalist, PubInsider/USABookNews National Indie Excellence Book Awards; Cool Book of the Day at Dan Janal’s Cool Book of the Day site
Principled Profit: Marketing that Puts People First (self-published; Winner, Apex Award; republished in Mexico and India; more than 80 endorsements; rights resold to John Wiley & Sons)
Grassroots Marketing: Getting Noticed in a Noisy World (published by Chelsea Green; Foreword Magazine Book of the Year Finalist)